Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just Bought my new Dillon 650 and i have some questions

ShortBus

First off Thank you for your help with the questions i have.

I have been loading on a 550 for 5 months now and have loaded about 7000 rounds. i can load about 400 per hour.

I just ordered my 650 with case feeder and some other goodies from enos this morning. I will be ordering my Mr bullet from CED in the morning due to a military discount.

I currently use and will be transferring to the 650

1. Lee U die

2. Power Die

3. Dillon Seat Die

4. Dillon Crimp Die

i ordered a powder checker from enos but my question is will it be able to go in 3 or will the mr bullet have to go there.

with that said how much faster do you think i can get with these new gadgets.

You will not be able to use the powder check unless you use a seat/crimp die. Using the Mr. Bulletfeeder you will easily be able to visually check the case before the bullet is inserted. If you have primers loaded 800/rds per hour is quite reasonable. I just purchased the RF 100 primer unit and this has been a great addition. Good luck.

You will not be able to use the powder check unless you use a seat/crimp die. Using the Mr. Bulletfeeder you will easily be able to visually check the case before the bullet is inserted. If you have primers loaded 800/rds per hour is quite reasonable. I just purchased the RF 100 primer unit and this has been a great addition. Good luck.

what is the best seat/crimp die

my advice is do not give up separate seating and crimping in favour of the powder check. given you wont be doing anything other than pull the handle it's very easy to now just use your eyes to watch the powder before it receives the bullet.

with the mr bf and everything running nicely you can easily run 1000 an hour.

I can crank 100 in about 4-5min pretty easily. the limit will be how fast you can load primers to it. best bet is get a primer tube filler like the hornady, frankford arsenal, pal or dillon. as your limitation on speed now is how fast you can get primers from package into tube.

enjoy. :)

I've never used a powder check system, but as mentioned, it's easy enough to see powder in every case as it comes around. Make that a habit and you'll never have to worry about squibs. Keeping an eye on what is going on also helps catch things like .380 cases, cases not feeding properly, cracked brass, etc.

First off Thank you for your help with the questions i have.

I have been loading on a 550 for 5 months now and have loaded about 7000 rounds. i can load about 400 per hour.

I just ordered my 650 with case feeder and some other goodies from enos this morning. I will be ordering my Mr bullet from CED in the morning due to a military discount.

I currently use and will be transferring to the 650

1. Lee U die

2. Power Die

3. Dillon Seat Die

4. Dillon Crimp Die

i ordered a powder checker from enos but my question is will it be able to go in 3 or will the mr bullet have to go there.

with that said how much faster do you think i can get with these new gadgets.

A good light source is a better choice than a powder check. I would skip it and just visually look in the case before the MBF works it's magic.

You'll easily quadruple the 550's output! :)