Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limitted 10 Gun Recommendation

Rikarin

Here is one from Sig to consider. The 226 X-Five. In .40s&w with 10 rounds mags would make a great L10 gun.

It isn't cheap compared to Glock's, CZ's or XD's, but compares to limited and the upper end L10 single stacks.

These are very popular in Europe IPSC crowds and are supposed to be coming to the USA, anyone seen, played with one yet?

http://www.sigarms.com/products/sportpisto...?product_id=229

Rika, if ever you decided to go towards a 1911 for L-10 there's a gunsmith in Castro Valley who does wonders with 1911 grips. John Jardine of Jardine's Custom will work with you for your ideal grip. Check his website at

http://www.jardinescustom.com

I had a friend that had his 1911 fitted to his small hand. I believe Billy and Lily had guns made by him too, you can get feedbacks from them as well. Good luck!

Yes, John really do a wounderful job on 1911. He alway put extra touch when it comes to build gun for lady. If you want to try his product, let me know and I will bring the Valtros on Saturday. You can feel the difference on the recoil even it looks the same like others.

Okay, I'll throw in a suggestion. If recoil is a major problem then you may benegfit from a gun with a lower slide profile... Below is a picture of the Tanfoglio Force Pro, it can hold 12 rounds of .40. You can see that the grip profile is very narrow towards the top so even someone with small hands should be able to grip it easily.

The slide is much lower than a 1911 design and this will reduce muzzle-flip... There are several other tanfoglio designs, some which hold more rounds but have a similar grip size.

A CZ may be worth a look, the overall design is very similar.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.,

post-293-1114174723_thumb.jpg