Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock rock island double stack can I use it?

Shooter212

I have a stock rock with a full under rail. I use it for 3 gun and want to use it for idpa in the winter time. What are my options? If I cut the rail down would that be legal? It's all stock shouldn't I be able to shoot it.

That is a definite "no" when it comes to reasoning if a person's gun being legal. What division are you hoping to shoot it in? What caliber is it?

Shoot it NFC.

8.2.7 Not For Competition (NFC) 8.2.7.1 IDPA encourages shooters to practice their gun handling skills with commonly carried firearms. Many everyday carry firearms do not fit into the 6 competition divisions. 8.2.7.2 IDPA allows clubs to add a Not for Competition scoring division for Tier 1 matches only. This division allows cartridges smaller than 9 mm, carry optics, activated lasers, non-illuminated mounted lights, and other pistols which do not fit into the other competition divisions to participate in local club matches. 8.2.7.3 All other IDPA equipment rules apply for holsters and loading device holders as well as their placement on the body. Match Directors also have the option to allow junior shooters with .22 rimfire firearms to begin strings at low ready in lieu of requiring a holster. 8.2.7.4 All IDPA membership rules apply. 8.2.7.5 Clubs are not required to implement this provision, and Match Directors are allowed discretion with implementation so that match quality remains high.

• 2 weeks later...