Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Megar Magazines for the Witness 10MM

Gary1911A1

Thanks Dave, Not to appear ungrateful, but do the .40S&W Magazines take 10MM ammo? I ask because I know some people load their .40 long to almost 10MM length. Henning use to carry them, but he's out too and doesn't list them anymore. I have three of the mec-gar magazines and should of ordered three more as I like to have 6 magazines not that I'll shoot it in competition, but you never know. Maybe I should just get an Elite Stock II in .40. I see them on GunBroker for $915.

If you

I know Megar made magazines for the Witness 10MM as I have some, but they no longer seem to offer them. I was wondering if someone knew of a source or if the Megar .40 Magazines would allow 10MM ammo to fit?http://shop.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Witness/(model)/477/(caliber)/.40+S%26W/(capacity)/14+Standard

Unless you are loading your 10mm dangerously short, then they aren't going to fit.

On Greg Cote's site he's saying that they are coming out with a new 10mm mag this year. The old one swelled and got sticky when fully loaded. This could be why everyone is out right now.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/eaa-witness-sar-k2-b6p-mecgar-c-134/eaa-witness-tanfoglio-10mm-14-rd-large-frame-mgwit10lfafc-p-1668.html

If you

I know Megar made magazines for the Witness 10MM as I have some, but they no longer seem to offer them. I was wondering if someone knew of a source or if the Megar .40 Magazines would allow 10MM ammo to fit?http://shop.mec-gar.com/Magazines/Witness/(model)/477/(caliber)/.40+S%26W/(capacity)/14+Standard

Unless you are loading your 10mm dangerously short, then they aren't going to fit.

On Greg Cote's site he's saying that they are coming out with a new 10mm mag this year. The old one swelled and got sticky when fully loaded. This could be why everyone is out right now.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/eaa-witness-sar-k2-b6p-mecgar-c-134/eaa-witness-tanfoglio-10mm-14-rd-large-frame-mgwit10lfafc-p-1668.html

Thank you so much Nealio. I have neen to that site many times but never that page. I always load my high capacity mags down by at least one so I never notice my current Mec-gar Mags swelling, but good to know they are addressing it. Gives me a more positive attitude to Mec-gar. Got on Greg's notify list and will order three more when they come in. Thanks to everyone. Great people here.

• 2 weeks later...

So we think Mec-Gar is going to revamp the magazine design, but keep making the old design to include with the guns and to sell through EAA, but also make a different magazine to sell directly and not to/through EAA? That seems improbable to me.

If there is going to be a new magazine (this thread is the only place I've seen mention of a new design), it seems more likely that it becomes the new design in general. But that the old stock will be sold/used up first. Because it's not like the old magazines don't work at all or are jam-o-matics. So who knows how long before any new magazine design is available. Might be tomorrow. Might be next year.

I think you and I are talking past one another. I'll start again:

1. The OP asked for Mecgar mags. The usual sources were out of stock.

2. Another poster linked to a claim by a particular retailer that some redesign was coming from Mecgar to address a particular issue (one which I have experienced myself). That retailer was not showing any available stock and still shows no available stock.

3. I posted that one of the usual sources was BACK in stock. With magazines that are made by Mecgar, so responsive to the original post.

4. Now you are saying that these aren't the new, redesigned mags. Which is probably correct. But if the OP needs magazines, then there are Mecgar ones currently available. And we do not know when the redesigned ones will be. (Or even if they will be... vaporware is a thing in gun world.)

FWIW, my experience was that I got swelling and a "mag brake" effect when I fully loaded new magazines, but magazines with grams followers and henning basepads that have been broken in seem to be fully loadable, at least from time to time, without generating the swelling.

Edited by ATLDave