Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev IDPA magwell

Honeybooboo

Anybody know where there's a gen 4 zev IDPA magwell in stock? Zev is out.

Thinking about doing a 35 for IDPA ESP and figured I can get the lightest recoil with 180g minor loads compared to 9mm.

Will also use Dawson +100 base pads, jäger oversized steel guide rod with Wolff 12lb Spring, jäger striker with 4.5lb Spring, and an extra power trigger spring.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up...I used to use a Zev "IDPA legal" magwell until I failed equipment inspection at a sanctioned match which I spent a lot of money getting to. Max width of the gun has to be 1.625" or less. The magwell measures 1.648" wide. I contacted Zev, told them what happened, and sent it back for a refund. I'm now using a Dawson Ice which IS legal and in my opinion, a better magwell. It fits better and uses two screws to attach the magwell to the plug instead of one. Much more secure.

Edited by Hitman321

Not to go way off topic but... have you tried 180gr minor loads in a G35? I could not get them to cycle the slide with a recoil spring that reliably locked up.

Edit: I mean real minor loads. I can get 145 power factor to work with my lightened slide. Needed 155 power factor to be 100% reliable with the factory slide. If I dropped below a 13lb spring I couldn't get the gun to reliably lock up with a KKM barrel. A factory barrel might have worked but I didn't try.

Edited by darkvibe

Not to go way off topic but... have you tried 180gr minor loads in a G35? I could not get them to cycle the slide with a recoil spring that reliably locked up.

Edit: I mean real minor loads. I can get 145 power factor to work with my lightened slide. Needed 155 power factor to be 100% reliable with the factory slide. If I dropped below a 13lb spring I couldn't get the gun to reliably lock up with a KKM barrel. A factory barrel might have worked but I didn't try.

I shot production with a G35 several times while getting my Glock 34 sorted out for production. I initially used Zev uncaptured springs (the colored ones) with a steel guide rod and had all sorts of trouble, mostly not feeding. After getting down to a 12# Zev spring I began encountering the slide not going all the way back into battery. The uncaptured springs seemed to wear down excessively fast and unevenly (the coils would get blown out and lopsided). I switched to an IMSI spring on a captured guide rod and haven't had any issues since. I was using 13# pounds while using the gun for production with minor ammo and have since switched to a 15# IMSI spring with good results using major ammo.

*Edited to add, this was with a standard slide and barrel.

Edited by Slow250