Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cutting the action spring in a Browning A5 did not work for me.....

sasquatch981

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to try this. I ended up cutting 25 coils from the stock spring (original had 84 coils), and it would still not cycle the B&P low recoil slugs. I stopped cutting coils, as I did not want to cause any damage. Looks like I either have a single shot slug gun, or a case of slugs to sell.

They currently are not making a reduced power action spring for the new A5. I tried getting the B&P's to run in my A5 as well and had the same luck. Best bet is to just run Rem Managed Recoil slugs and be done with it. They shoot great out of mine.

How does cutting coils make the spring stronger? I agree that the compression ratio doesn't change by cutting coils, but the pre load sure does! I really would like to know how cutting a spring could make the spring stronger???

How does cutting coils make the spring stronger? I agree that the compression ratio doesn't change by cutting coils, but the pre load sure does! I really would like to know how cutting a spring could make the spring stronger???

Kurt, I am not the expert in springs...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91657