Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum grips

cakedog02

I was on Tanfolgio' website and I came across aluminum grips for he Stock II and a few other models. Has anyone used these factory aluminum grips or seen them for sale in the States?

b10106fa0daa819a886af92f37854596.jpg

084852b4fc1fd31212f64d6bedef67a5.jpg

Edited by cakedog02

they look very like the old henning contour grips to me but perhaps slightly different. I've never seen factory tanfoglio grips like that. they have smooth alloy grips with the big bumps front and rear and then have the xtreme grips which are flat checkered grips. where did you find them?

I feared that was where they came from... The clearly say they will not ship parts to the US. Anyone figure out how to get a pair here, please share! I WANT!!!

That's the problem I ran into and was hoping someone on this forum knew how to get a pair of these grips in the States.

I signed up for an account and tried to checkout and USA is most definitely missing from the drop down list of countries [emoji17]

Those look like the ones shown on the brand new elite limited custom! If they are checkered aluminum, and the same profile as the wood ones, which they look like they are, they could be THE PERFECT tanfo grips! (IMO)

I'm in the same boat. The EG xtreme grips are way to thin. The wood grips have a great contour, but no grippiness (I'm pretty sure that's a made up word). If these are aggressive like the xtreme grips, but contoured like the wood grips then sign me up for a few pairs. And at approx. $82 that's not too bad compared to other aluminum grip offerings.

On a gun:

The new sporting pistol Tanfoglio Limited Custom 2016

tanfoglio-limited-custom2.jpg?resize=105

Initially, I thought they were the same grip, but you'll notice they don't have the big circular cutout with a "T" inside of it. Personally, I would very much prefer to not have that cutout. The top left edge (towards the beaver tail) appears to be a slightly different contour as well. But then again that's all from looking at some very small, grainy photos so I could be wrong. Edited by cakedog02

It is true that the ones at the top of the thread do not have the Tanfoglio 'T' in them, but I am pretty sure they are supposed to be the same grips. Maybe different stages of development or something. I have an email in with Tanfogio IT inquiring about the profile, I'll see what they say. They did confirm they will eventually be available through EAA in the USA, but we all know that EAA has its 'struggles'...

It is true that the ones at the top of the thread do not have the Tanfoglio 'T' in them, but I am pretty sure they are supposed to be the same grips. Maybe different stages of development or something. I have an email in with Tanfogio IT inquiring about the profile, I'll see what they say. They did confirm they will eventually be available through EAA in the USA, but we all know that EAA has its 'struggles'...

Thanks for calling. That saves me some time. Let me know what hear back from them.

I wonder if EG has them?

I checked his website and didn't see them.

I emailed Eric to see if he will be selling these grips soon.

Be sure to report your findings here!

He emailed back today. Wanted a link to the exact grips on Tanfo's website and whether it would be large/small frame. He said he would investigate and see if he could get them for his online store. I emailed back the info he requested. I'll let you know if he can get them to sell to us. Sounds like he is going to try.

Eric got back to me. He said that he's going to Italy next week and could pick up some of the new grips. However, he said that he has seen them and they are thin and not thicker profiled like the wood grips. If you still want a pair shoot him an email. He's leaving on Monday.

Edited by cakedog02

Eric just got back from Italy. He took a closer look at the new grips and said they are just as thin as the Xtreme grips. In the future, I hope Tanfoglio will consider offering aluminum grips with a profile similar to their wood grips.

Eric just got back from Italy. He took a closer look at the new grips and said they are just as thin as the Xtreme grips. In the future, I hope Tanfoglio will consider offering aluminum grips with a profile similar to their wood grips.

Yeah, or at least thicker than the Xtremes. What's the point in having several grip options in the same thickness?

Tanfoglio should offer grips that are thicker than the Xtremes, with cut-out for mag release would be great. Like Hennings, but also for small frame and available for us Europeans.