Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Did some Shooting today after a long break.

Petrov

Did some indoor slow fire target shooting, too cold for my regular outdoor club and cant walk well through the snow right now.

Almost have a year ago was in a really bad car accident leg surgery, 2 fingers on the trigger hand are numb shoulder/back problems.

So relearning to shoot, some stuff I forgot some stuff I need to do differently.

Rediscovered some things Shooting my S&W 627 and being left handed I discovered that putting my thumbs on the blast shield helps mitigate recoil better but my groups are shit. if I do the thumbs forward grip like on a semi recoil is ok and I shoot decent.

If slowed down and tried to stage the trigger I shot like shit. This is my best group of the day, no staging and wiggling the sight just smooth pull while keeping it on target 2.5 inches.

24331536524_06c88f68dc_c.jpg2016-02-11_01-42-18 by petrov1983, on Flickr

Decided to give my Dan Wesson modwl 15 6" some long overdue attention. I concentrated on trigger control (3.2lb SA pull) and only shot in SA.

Pretty much all of my groups look like this, 3 or 4 shots almost touching and the rest are flyers out there.

24335291033_9737a8a96a_c.jpg2016-02-11_01-41-59 by petrov1983, on Flickr

Accidents suck, dont get rear ened. My neurologist says that my nevers are fine and that they cant do anything about my numb fingers.

Not allowed to do run and gun for a while since they cut out cartilage out of my left knee, going to PT twice a week.

Session before this one was a complete waste, I was locking out one arm straight and the other one was kinda just bent and limp supprting the handgun. Once I extended both arms and made it somewhat more "isosicles" I was shooting better.

Do you guys have any input on my targets?

Hey, I do not know you, but keep it up.

Never say dead, until you are dead.

What sport are you in mostly?

Things look good so far.

J. Russell Bryan

Canadian AP shooter, and other fun sports with firearms.

Left handed, revolver shooter, still trying to break 1900

No matter what keep it up.

Edited by JRB

I do mostly target shooting and I used to do a bunch informal USPSA type shooting with my friends and went to a couple USPSA practice matches.

I want to get into USPSA shooting once I am physically able.

Edit: Obviously in the Revolver division since I am a grand master of lazyness and dont feel like picking up my brass :)

Edited by Petrov

While it isn't a revolver shooting discipline you might want to try the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) matches a try. No movement to contend with and you don't even need a holster. It's kind of poor man's Bianchi Cup with IDPA-style scoring. You'd need a Glock pistol to shoot (most use the G17) and a membership in the GSSF (gssfonline.com). Add a couple mags to the ones that come with the gun and you're in business.

Having worked in Physical Therapy in the past I can tell you patient motivation is key to recovery. You've publicly demonstrated your motivation and may well inspire others to find theirs. Bravo, sir.

You might also want to look for steel matches nearby. Usually there is no movement or very little and you can have a ball running revolvers. There is also no reloading on the clock so all the brass gets dumped in your bag with no bending over.

Keep up the PT at 110%. I have witnessed 5 knee replacements and 2 hips on friends and family. Their effort in PT made all the difference.

I'm in a similar situation. I was in a bike wreck last September. I shot my first pistol match two weekends ago and it was horrible. I shot an STI, since I feel it shoots softer than my revos, but I couldn't hold the gun down for a follow up shot. I am getting better everyday. We will get there from here.