Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody been to the Factory? 550B Rebuild?

I'm going on travel next week SoCal to Tucson and I'm thinking of stopping in at the Dillon Factory to look around! :D

I'm thinking about taking my 550B back in for a rebuild. I've had it since the 90's and I think it's due for some TLC.

Anybody had this done lately? Wondering what the cost is these days?

Any Forum members that are there? It would be nice to have a "friend" at the factory! :D

Got mine back just before Christmas. I was quoted just under $70. The only thing I got back from the original press was the main frame (its possible that it was someone else's old frame) and a whole slew of new parts.

Not bad for a press I acquired back in 1986 and did my best to wear out.

They did require I call ahead for a return order so you may want to do that instead of just showing up at the showroom with your press.

Bill

I live pretty close to Dillon and dropped mine off for a rebuild a year or so back. I think it took about a week for them to finish the rebuild. It ran $49 and I've heard recent reports of about the same price plus shipping which put it around the $70 mentioned above.

Edited by Dirty Rod

I've got an RL1050 as well. Just want to give the "old girl" some love. :goof:

I'll try to call Monday and ask about an RMA. I figure I'm going to drop it off and let them ship it back. ;)

...upgrades? I've though about another 1050 but I'd buy if from Brian with his "cash" deal. Save sales tax in Az and a little more... ;)

Hey a fresh from the factory 550B with a shipping box ready to go :ph34r:

I'd like to get a tour while I'm there but I don't know if they even do that.... Oh how far off the 10 is it to the Factory?

I stopped by their shop years ago when I was out there for the World Championship of Cowboy Mounted Shooting in Scottsdale. Guy at the counter took me through the place and I saw a lot of interesting things and met Mike Dillon working at a drafting table with his dog at his side.

Well worth it, if you get a chance.

I'd like to get a tour while I'm there but I don't know if they even do that.... Oh how far off the 10 is it to the Factory?

They don't typically do ad hoc tours but call and check. You never know.

The shop is North of the 10. Take the 10 to the 101 North and get off on Frank Lloyd Wright and go West. Google of course will take you right to it.

I live near Dillon, been in there a bunch of times. The showroom/store isn't that big or especially exciting I guess. They have all the presses set up for you to try out/demo. All the employees are very nice and will take all the time you want to show you the different presses, etc. I never even thought about asking for a tour so not sure how that works. I've heard they do not do tours of Dillon Aero :(

Dropped the 550 off. $67 for the rebuild and shipping. Added the Zerk fitting upgrade - $39. Figured while it was there I might as well go big! :D

Got to play with a 650 for the first time, pretty cool! :goof:

Turn around time on the rebuild was quoted as 4 weeks... Hopefully it's not that long! ;)

Did the tour - gotta admit, seemed smaller than I would have thought. But Aero was off limits and the support guys are all up stairs. Interesting none the less. :cheers: