Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Support hand reloading.

HerdThinner

I'm attempting to practice support hand reloading on the shotgun. I can find numerous video on support hand like Keith Garcia is known for but I can not find much on support hand twisting the gun 180 and quad loading. Is there any information on this technique.

Weak hand quad load.

The short version is, pay attention in the strong hand videos to how they grab all four and how they keep the second deuce (in the fingers) clear of the port while they are loading the first pair. This is really the only difference between deuce loading and quad loading, so you can apply that to the weak hand loading videos you've already seen. Basically, quad loading is really just a small step up from deuce loading, and it is all about the hand position.

If I had a good weak-hand quad video I'd link it, but I think you can still get useful information out of what you see above.

ETA: Here, have a loot around 7:20 in this video (though I think he should grab the other set of quads first).

Edited by CJW

For weak hand quad loading experiment with how much you roll the shotgun and to the muzzle angle. Some people or shotguns load better with the loading port straight up and down, others load better with the loading port rolled slightly away from vertical towards your weak side. Also try different muzzle angles, not just with the shotgun held horizontal.

Weak hand quad load.

I'll bet if you put that into a YouTube search you'd have hours of video.

Principles in the above videos are the same for weak hand quad.

I think strong hand is probably better, you keep your eyes up more and the gun closer to you. If I had the time to switch i would. For the few matches I shoot weak hand quads works ok, but isn't optimum IMHO.