Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time to ream the throat, anyone want to rent me a reamer?

TonytheTiger

• 3 weeks later...

Some barrels are just too hard to hand ream. Had same problem with an XD barrel. Called Dave Manson and after talking with him, sent reamer back for his inspection. Good guy, very helpful. Turns out barrel too hard and dulled reamer. He sent back all sharpened up and ready for next one. Left barrel alone - may send it off one of these days.

Yes, it should provided the mags for the P07 allow it. My reloads have an OAL of 1.163 as I was mainly setup to load for a 1911. My Accu-Shadow and the mags have no issues with using those rounds now so I don't have to constantly adjust the press.

I would suggest doing a plunk test with rounds that normally work for you Glock in you P07 barrel to see if that is the issue first before you start reaming the barrel.

Yes, it should provided the mags for the P07 allow it. My reloads have an OAL of 1.163 as I was mainly setup to load for a 1911. My Accu-Shadow and the mags have no issues with using those rounds now so I don't have to constantly adjust the press.

I would suggest doing a plunk test with rounds that normally work for you Glock in you P07 barrel to see if that is the issue first before you start reaming the barrel.

I think reaming is the issue. Here's why I think that.... When I plunk test the Glock rounds the round sticks out of the chamber. When I shorten the OAL a little more I can get them to chamber but the bullet gets stuck in the rifling and requires a lot of force to unchamber it. When I shorten them to 1.075 it when I can get the rounds to plunk and spin freely.

Does this test conclude reaming will fix the barrel? I have not thought about testing the mags with the longer OAL except for just a couple or rounds

Edited by MarilynMonbro

Sounds correct. Use a throat reamer to slowly remove material and check with the plunk test after.

Once done with plunk test, check if the gun cycles with some dummy rounds created to the exact length as your live rounds.

How long does it usually take to get the reamer if ordered over the phone from Mason's? In this day and age, I feel lost without a tracking number and tracking the package every step of the way. ?

bzt, you need to buy some more guns.

ha. I have plenty of Berettas, and they dont need to be reamed. This is my first CZ. Also, my wife would kill me after buying this pistol that cost us a fortune ( for us) .