Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do I Need To Change My Trigger?

dghboy315

i have LTT speed bump trigger in my beretta 92G elite 2. i don't think it is production legal.

however, i'm only a C class shooter (hoping to move to B this year), and i'm only planning to shoot 2-3 big matches this year.

do the big matches check?

i just don't want the hassle of changing out the trigger, but i will if i am going to get DQed.

should i change the trigger?

I think the rule is, you won't be DQ'd, but you'll be moved to Open division..

But if you know it's illegal, and try to use it and hide it, that could be "Unsportsman like"?

I'd change it.. or use it as an excuse to buy a new pistol :D

See if Ernest can change it to a Level II (I think that's the USPSA Prod legal mod)

There is another solution that will yield the same result as the speed bump trigger. You can have someone weld a bump on the trigger bar pin (the pin that goes through the hole in the top of the trigger) on the part that rides in the hole in the frame. Make it oversized and file it down until you get reliable function. You can also do the same thing on the back of the trigger bar pin to limit pre-travel (in theory). I'd just be sure I had a spare trigger bar on hand just in case. There's a guy over at Beretta Forum that sells parts in the classifieds.

BTW, by my measurements the bump needs to be about 0.05 inches high on the front of the pin and 0.01 inches high on the back to limit pre-travel. Those are very small numbers and the 0.01 is likely not practical.

hope that helps

splashdown