Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

missouri bullets hi-tek coated 147gr 9mm in xdm?

chuckpetree

What powders do you have available to load with?

Bianchi cup only has a 120PF floor so you can run your loads a bit slower than the typical gun game loads, but unlike the other games Bianchi requires better accuracy. You will need to check a few different loadings to find what works best in your specific gun. My XDM 5.25 gives pretty good accuracy with 147 coated lead bullets with 3.1gr titegroup, 3.3gr N320, 2.9gr Clays, 3.4gr WST, 3.0gr e3, 3.8gr SR7625, or 3.5gr Zip.

However none of these loads are as good as 124gr Precision Delta or 125gr Hornady HAP loads I have.

Have clays right now. Have been looking at n320, but if they are not making it anymore not sure I want to go down that road. It also seems a bit pricey comparably. Thought of trying titegroup but have read coated bullets it burns too hot for them. So guess clays is my powder.

Have been looking at n320, but if they are not making it anymore not sure I want to go down that road.

Have not heard anything about any of the VV powders being discontinued. n320 is one of the best, definitely would be my choice of the three you mention, though titegroup is very good too, just a little dirtier maybe. It works fine with coated lead and I would probably choose it over clays also.

With the two powders I have on hand I'm completely satisfied with the 147 grain Missouri Bullet in my XDM 5.25.

Either 3.8 grains of Powder Pistol or 2.9 grains of Bulls Eye will shoot 5 shots into 3/4 inch at 15 yards. I know the pistol and bullet are capable of shooting better....but the shooter is the one in question.