Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson front sight

Kimber76

So I replaced the stock front sight in my limited. It's a great sight but it keeps coming loose, no matter how many times I tighten it its loose after the first stage. The set screw is so small and I can't remove it to lock tite it. Has anyone tried the Henning front sight?

Dawson recommends a special loctite product for their front sights, don't remember the number, but it is green, and they sell little tubes of it for reasonably cheap. That is what I used on the Dawson front sight on my Stock II, and I haven't though about it since the day I installed it about a year ago...

Dawson recommends a special loctite product for their front sights, don't remember the number, but it is green, and they sell little tubes of it for reasonably cheap. That is what I used on the Dawson front sight on my Stock II, and I haven't though about it since the day I installed it about a year ago...

Good info, I will use Green if ever the Red loosen up. Thanks!

Good info, I will use Green if ever the Red loosen up. Thanks!

The green though, is not for the set screw, you actually put it in the dovetail. Just to be clear...