Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun for small hands?

GARD72977

Just have her go to a gun store and put a bunch in her hands...better if she can test them out of course.

I like the feel of the Walther PPQ and I believe the ergonomic depressions would be good for a small hand (with the small backstrap).

We have a lot of women shooting different caliber versions at our ladies night events.

I'm pretty much a revo guy but I've got stubby fingers and no auto ever felt more natural to my hand than a Remington Rand 1911 A1. Well that & an SA milspec I foolishly sold.

I picked up a new SA A1 the other day and it did not feel the same. I think the stocks are a bit thicker plus it had the medium length trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The 320 is still IMHO a good choice. I would throw the M&P into the mix. I have seen when instructing, a lot of women like the handling of the M&P.

I have small hands for a guy, wear a medium mechanix glove, and I have no trouble reaching the trigger on a M&P.

NOT my Wife! I patiently let her shop and shoot her way to her own selection.

There's absolutely no reason to select a pistol for someone else. Sharing a

good selection process for them to employ is where we experienced shooters

provide value. Patience is a virtue in this kind of thing.

As an instructor, I find it funny how most new women shooters parrot what their husbands or boyfriends idea of the prefect brand. A lot times with the "it worked for me, it will work for you" approach. Some times it works most often it don't(watching little women struggle with a .40 or worse a .45). After, they shoot for themselves, they develop their own sense of what they like and need. As long as it is fun to shoot. I agree with the idea of taking them to range where you can rent the guns you both want to try.