Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75B SAO 9mm question

ranger

I did some searching but wanted to ask. I am a novice to CZ - been shooting M&P and Glock, bought a CGW P09 recently. I have opportunity to buy a like new CZ 75B SAO locally. I am not a fan of DA-SA, TDA, etc. Wondering if a CZ 75B would be a good pistol for me to compete in IDPA ESP - I know it would not be a fit for USPSA Production or SSP. Any advice appreciated.

Edited by ranger

I'm pretty new to CZ as well, just got my production shadow set up going in Oct this year... Came from an M&P. So far, and I'm guessing it will continue, I LOVE the CZ. Great great great guns. Feel great in the hand and eat up recoil very well. I would say you will not be disappointed if you pick up a 75 for IDPA. And to be honest, when tuned the CZ DA/SA is absolutely no more difficult to shoot than a striker fired gun. I personally think it's much easier overall. And that's coming from someone who 1 year ago would have argued all day long that a DA/SA gun for speed (competition) shooting was a ridiculous idea. CZ triggers can be THAT good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would out train the aversion to DASA. It really isn't that tough to contend with, a day at the range and 100 or so DA shots from holster and you should be good

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

But that's not what you asked... Yes the 75SAO makes a good ESP gun, I would still recommend running a DASA gun over it for flexibility sake, but it is nice. SAS have the high tang grip frame like the SP01, so they are winners. Or get a matte stainless 75B. Or at that point a shadow. If you go 75 and not SP01 you will be on the hook for base pads out of the gate however.

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

I would out train the aversion to DASA. It really isn't that tough to contend with, a day at the range and 100 or so DA shots from holster and you should be good

I have tried to get comfortable with DA-SA, TDA and I just hate it - my fault I am sure - but I worry so much about a clean first DA shot then jerk the first SA after that. The IDPA classifier is a real challenge for me due to so many draws and DA to SA transitions versus total number of rounds fired. I was going to go back to a 1911 or 2011 in 9mm then thought about a CZ SAO.

I have one. It shoots well. I am not too keen on IDPA rules but can you use a sa/da gun cocked and locked in ESP. If so then no need for a sao gun.

ESP allows single action starts