Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power 3rd trip

I chose all factory best ammo for the first 200 round and it buzzed them off perfectly!

1009925_984133791624653_4721460989989225

At that point I switched to Perfecta and had a stoppage at round 28 which was a weird poof.

12509225_984147514956614_700668610704761

940875_984151651622867_50487206225216215

I had another poof at round 32 and then switched to the EAA Limited. It also had two poofs finishing the box out. This ammo has some issues!

Shortly after the 28th round failure shooting the Perfecta ammo I had another one at round 32. I then switched over to the EAA LImited (which never fails) and had two more poofs. I didn't get the stoppage in the Limited, but the sound was the same and I attribute it still running to the weaker recoil spring and non-rotating barrel. If the Grand Power had one of the weaker recoil springs I have on order in it, I'm pretty confident it would have just kept on chugging through the remainder as well.
The Grand Power is accurate like the EAA's and feels really similar in the hand. Given what I did with the grease last night and CLP, that will be how I run it going forward. I think oil just doesn't stay on the rotating barrel like it needs for perfect operation, due to cycling so many times quickly (spin-off). It's a little more sensitive to ammo due to the tight machining IMO and will tell you what it likes or doesn't like. I have never been much of a fan of plastic guns, but I'm looking to keep this one due to how much fun it is to shoot. It looks like lube, ammo and springs will get one of these 100% if you can endure sorting it out.
Now I have to sit down and figure out what's up with that Perfecta ammo! I have three cases of it and plan on weighing some tonight to see if I can find some light ones. If I find something I will send them down to Wade for pull-downs to see what's up.
My only suggestion to the Grand Power group is more springs in set weights (love the colored ID, just need ratings for each) for these pistols. The Grand Powers don't seem to be on the radar from what Wolff said the other day when I ordered springs. They hinted about needing some platforms to get a spring set for them. Is that possible? I see the 10mm version needing a 18-24lb springs to run the range of ammos in them.

Are you running the red flat wire spring?

Yes. It's the only one that comes with the K100. Sometime this week I should have the packet of Wolff CZ springs to try in it. The gentleman I spoke with at Wolff seemed interested in getting Grand Power pistols to develop spring sets for them. I like the color coded Grand Power springs if we could get the full range from 9lb-24lb (for 10mm's), but Wolff would be a good option to cover them all if they can get the pistols for development.

Are you running the red flat wire spring?

Yes. It's the only one that comes with the K100. Sometime this week I should have the packet of Wolff CZ springs to try in it. The gentleman I spoke with at Wolff seemed interested in getting Grand Power pistols to develop spring sets for them. I like the color coded Grand Power springs if we could get the full range from 9lb-24lb (for 10mm's), but Wolff would be a good option to cover them all if they can get the pistols for development.

Why don't you run the lighter X-cal spring in your K100? Mine mk7 was having the same issues yours is. I bought the X-cal spring from Eagle and it ran 100% after that.

Ok. first off ..please stop greasing your gun. any simple oil will work.

second. the rear face of the barrel where it meets the slide NEEDS lube in the K100's.

Third perfecta ammo is pretty crappy... but

I run an 11 pound CZ/EAA spring cut off 1.5" longer than the slide. and it's ran everything i have ever tossed in my K100 X trim.

Where are you located at? if you don't feel comfortable posting on the forum, you can contact me via cell phone at 304-266-1313 or email steve@stevemoneypenny.com

I would put Crisco on it if that did the trick.

My new routine is what worked last time with the CLP on the barrel end and a dab of grease on the other rotating parts. The clean-up was also much easier and simpler.

My CZ-75 springs arrived today and I will cut them down. You're correct that the Perfecta seems to be not all that.

This time I put the slightest grease smear on the roller and barrel cut. Everything else got light CLP. I will try some different things and document how each turns out as I try them. With the oil it tends to migrate into other areas and foul things up collecting powder. In this pistol with the rotating barrel, the grease is for sure staying put. My next visit to Walmart I will pick up a quart of Synthetic motor oil to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Power 9mm 4th Range Visit

Today I went back with the cut-down 10lb Wolff spring and it's shooting like a dream. It's just as reliable and feels so much like my Witness pistols. I did have three of those Perfecta rounds that made the weird poof, but kept chugging through 100 rounds. Looking forward to getting the 10mm version now.