Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW recoil springs don't fit 75s?

ArrDave

Got an 11RS for my 75, I cannot get the slide back on with the OEM short guide rod. Works in my shadow custom... Do I need to trim it? ac4b254e61cef16aac4db7c157964279.jpg

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

It'll work. Might take some fidgeting around with it to get the spring in the right position to install initially. I struggled with a 10 or 11# one on my 75, got it in, left it at slide lock over night. The spring set and I've had no issues with it since.

Got it to lock back but it took a lot of fiddling to get it to finally go

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

David told me that in many cases anything under 12 lbs. needs a full length guide rod to work without bunching up in the slide with the short factory GR. All it takes is a hole drilled under the barrel.

Interesting. This makes scene, i have run 10/11's in my 85 without issue. My 75 BD however, will not run smooth with the same springs. Thank you for the information bowembuilt.