Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Custom 9mm won't run

rtl

I've been shooting this for several months now, round count around 4k. In the middle of last weekend's club match it decides to quit running at all. It won't feed anything (from any of 6 mags) and the extractor seems to be jammed, the little hook won't move at all. I don't think case rim can slide up into it at all. I tried to pull it and it seems to be frozen in place. I can get the firing pin and spring out but not the extractor. I have a EGW HD Series 80 replacement to use but can't get what I think may be a broken one out. Any ideas? If I can't get it by this weekend I'll just let my gunsmith fix but it seems like I should be able to do this one, it's not rocket science (well it didn't seem to be. . . )

Anyone else having trouble with the late production extractor in one of these 9mm's?

Thanks

RTL

9mm extractor claw usually needs to be push to the side a little to fit in the tunnel.

+1 and have you ever cleaned the extractor tunnel/ extractor?

Exactly!

Hmmmm. They need to be cleaned??

LOL Yeah, although I have to admit it's been quite a while on this one

RTL

It wouldn't move at all even after a 24 hour soak in KROIL. Went to see the gunsmith last night, he said he'll get it out and let me know.

Thanks everyone

RTL

It's back and running fine. Smith said he found a small piece of curly brass in the channel and LOTS of crud. Guess I need to get in there more often.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

RTL