Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P09 SA only for IDPA ESP

ranger

I have a CGW tuned P09 but I struggle with the DA to SA transition - I am sure it is all my fault and I should be able to master the TDA but again I do not like the DA-SA. How many forum members use the P09 as a SA only platform in IDPA?

I play IDPA Production with my P-09 and struggle with the first shot. Although, it isn't as pronounced as when I first started IDPA. I haven't had a stage where the COF had the first target further than 15 yards. So the first shot hasn't been too costly for me. I tend to grip pretty hard so that may be what counters the DA pull.

So with Cajun Guts, I assume there is a 15# hammer spring in yours. I've switched back and forth between 15# and 13# but settled on the former to be on the safe side. But that 13# is nicer.

Good luck.

I have tried to convert a P-09 to SAO. The problem is that I couldn't find a good place to install a set screw stop for the trigger so that it can't get far enough forward to reset the trigger bar. Maybe with a little more time it could be done. On a 75 it's easy, just install a trigger with both set screws and limit the pretravel enough to let the sear reset but that's all. You don't have to remove the disconnector but I do on the 75.

I'm thinking drill and tap a hole in the frame for a pretravel stop and do it that way. I went back to DA/SA after mocking up a trigger pretravel limit with JB-Weld. That worked, but wasn't permanent. By the way, the trigger metal is not soft.

Joe

Edited by Joe L

• 1 month later...

I'm looking into a P09 right now as a 3 gun pistol, the only drawback I see is exactly this. I'm under the impression that the omega trigger system can't be converted to a SAO. I would think that CZC or CGW would have a solution for this if it was as simple as converting a 75b trigger. Kind of a shame since all cz's just scream SAO to me.

Won't help you with SAO but it helped me to think about the gun just having one reset, then it was just a matter of learning the DA pull

Sent from an iDevice. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling errors. If the post doesn't make sense or is not amusing then it is technology's fault and most certainly not operator error.

The original question concerned using single action only in IDPA ESP: Why not simply convert the decocker-option to the safety-option and start cocked and locked? Thus avoiding the double action first shot. Am I missing something here??