Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 Barrel Lengths

Ignatz

I'd like to get a 625, but am confused about the 4 and 5 inch choices. Is one gun legal in one organization and the other not? Or are the characteristics of the two guns much different? I just started shooting a Tactical league match in Phoenixville Pa. and am having a riot.

Ignatz,

Barrel length is 4 inches max in IDPA and there is not a Barrel length restriction in USPSA and ICORE.

Personally I have no problem with shooting either length but the 5" seems to return and settle just a little quicker eleminating just that little bit of time it takes to see the sights.

Hope that helps, welcome to the world of revolvers

Sam keen

I just came home with my new toy. Its a 5" Performance model with the shorter cylinder and different contoured barrel. It allready has the cylinders chamfered and an action job done to it. I personally know the fellow who traded it in at the shop so I know the pistol was well taken care of and barely fired. He's actually a good friend of mine so it feels special to now own one of his guns. It still has all the papers and the alluminum case that goes with it. I thought $649.00 was a fair price. I'm so excited!

Another convert ?????

Glad to have you in the ranks !!!!! :)

Enjoy the new toy !!!!!

I just picked up a 25-2 pinned model of 1955 yesterday myself, Man are those old BLUE guns good looking !!! :wub::wub:

Kind of hate to do anything to it..... may just have to get another and have a beater..... :P

Man would it be cool to have a 6 inch 625 with an underlug ?????

Just thinking out loud...

hopalong

Day two of owning a PC 625 and things are looking up. Yesterday the gun was shooting 5+" groups and today I'm down to 2" groups. I inhereted hundreds of rounds from my buddy who had a 625 and sold it years ago. It was one of my excuses for getting a 625 because of all the free ammo. A 255 gr. cast bullet from CP with 4.5 grs of solo 1000 in my gun shoots terrible and 10" high at 25 yards. When I got the gun home and inspected it, the barrel and cylinder were severly leaded. The pistol was spotless when I started and shot about 70 rounds. I loaded some 200 gr. H+G 68's sized .451 with 4.0 of bullseye and what a difference! The pistol's cylinder stayed clean, shot at point of aim and 2" at 25 yards. I don't mind getting a taller front sight( because my rear sight is all the way down) and resizing my bullets .451. Theres light at the end of the tunnel. Going through the older posts is helping me learn a lot! Right now I,m only shooting a small informal league, so I'm not worried about power factors. This forum is great!

• 2 weeks later...
Ignatz,

Barrel length is 4 inches max in IDPA and there is not a Barrel length restriction in USPSA and ICORE.

Personally I have no problem with shooting either length but the 5" seems to return and settle just a little quicker eleminating just that little bit of time it takes to see the sights.

Hope that helps, welcome to the world of revolvers

Sam keen

I agree wholeheartedly, Sam...I shoot a 4" in IDPA and the 5" is perfect for USPSA/ICORE. Welcome to the wheelgun clan, Ignatz!