Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rcbs Pro 2000 question

Garmil

Been using one for a while now and love it. Recently got in to open pistols and now most of loads have pretty full cases of powder. The auto index is a little harsh and throws some powder out. I've played with the adjustment and have not got it much better. At this point im putting my finger over the case between powder and seating die stations.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to make it index smoother?

I have the Pro 2000 also and place my finger over the shell also after powder drop. I am slowly buying conversions for the XL650 and will use the Pro 2000 for 38/357 loads only. RCBS sent weaker springs when I inquired about the shell plate snap, only a small improvement (very small). If you come up with a solution, please share, my solution was buying the XL650. Other than the shell plate snap, the Pro 2000 is a great press especially the APS priming system.

I bought a reduced power spring and Delrin ball from an ebay vendor that have helped.

Thanks I bought one of these to try.

I'm setting mine up with a bullet feeder so really wanted to be able to stop worrying about it and just feed cases to go faster.

Edited by Garmil

Are you using any lube? Cases sticking to the powder funnel/expander is common.

Take out the expander and polish it up.

And use some one shot case lube on your cases. Just toss a few hundred pieces into a big zip lock bag, 3 quick sprays of one shot, tumble the cases around and they are good to go.

Are you using any lube? Cases sticking to the powder funnel/expander is common.

Take out the expander and polish it up.

And use some one shot case lube on your cases. Just toss a few hundred pieces into a big zip lock bag, 3 quick sprays of one shot, tumble the cases around and they are good to go.

Yep, use the exact method you describe and I have polished the expander. Lube helps, but I still get about 1 of every 3 that sticks.