Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roll pin for Ambi-Safety

norbs007

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-spring-pins/=108o4nw

Just to confirm; this is the size for the ambi safety pin? If that is the case I will be ordering a pack of 100 if anybody needs one!

Did you find a 1.5mm x 12mm coil pin on the site? I looked around and could only find slotted pins in the 1.5x12 size required for the right side safety.

Just to confirm; this is the size for the ambi safety pin? If that is the case I will be ordering a pack of 100 if anybody needs one!

Did you find a 1.5mm x 12mm coil pin on the site? I looked around and could only find slotted pins in the 1.5x12 size required for the right side safety.

No coil pins found; only the slotted 1.5x12 pins.

Will the slotted pins not work?

Thanks for sharing that link. I've been looking for where to purchase a right side safety pin. Did that group buy ever go thru?

Not to my knowledge... I'm sure if you someone interested at this point in time orders some up, and offers extras for sale you would find buyers.

There was some discussion on the linked thread about the difference between the slotted and coiled pins. For the safety I would think either would be ok, but some though the coiled ones are more resilient for higher loaded areas in the gun.

Thanks for sharing that link. I've been looking for where to purchase a right side safety pin. Did that group buy ever go thru?

Not to my knowledge... I'm sure if you someone interested at this point in time orders some up, and offers extras for sale you would find buyers.

There was some discussion on the linked thread about the difference between the slotted and coiled pins. For the safety I would think either would be ok, but some though the coiled ones are more resilient for higher loaded areas in the gun.

Are you aware if the coiled pin for the right side safety is available for purchase anywhere online? Or is my only option calling EAA and asking if they can get me one?

Edited by cakedog02

No coil pins found; only the slotted 1.5x12 pins.

Will the slotted pins not work?

From what I read on this site, the appropriate pin would be he coiled version. I suspect, as others have opined, that a slotted pin would probably be sufficiently strong for the safety, but there is an element of uncertainty. If you decide to order some of the slotted pins, I would buy a few from you.

Edited by cakedog02

would a 1/16" diameter x 1/2" length work? McMaster has it in coiled version.

Would also like to know the answer to this; will order if confirmed.

I don't think the pin is under much stress at any point so worst case I think the 1.5mm slotted pin would work...

1/16" is 1.5875 mm. That is about is about 6% oversized. I would be more comfortable with a slotted 1.5mm than a coiled 1/16" personally, but hey get a few and try it if you want. We just know how much a pain those little pins can be, and an oversized one will be even harder to get in, if it goes at all.... Good Luck!

1/16" is 1.5875 mm. That is about is about 6% oversized. I would be more comfortable with a slotted 1.5mm than a coiled 1/16" personally, but hey get a few and try it if you want. We just know how much a pain those little pins can be, and an oversized one will be even harder to get in, if it goes at all.... Good Luck!

I went ahead and ordered the 1.5mm x 12mm Slotted Roll Pins from McMasterCarr.

Will update when they arrive.

Roll pins arrived. They are good to go; a little tight but installed without issue for me.

If you have a few to spare, I wouldn't mind buying a few extras from you as spare parts for my gun. Edited by cakedog02