Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring screen won't open for any shooter on NSTs

Nimitz

So for this past weekend's match I had 4 of my 5 NSTs not open the scoring page when you tapped on a shooter's name after calling up their squad. I just created a new match on one of the offending NSTs, deleted all the previous matches & imported the current registration for next month's match & tried it again. And again you can't open up the scoring page for any shooter.

Anybody seen this before?

When this happened at the match I tired turning off the NST & restarting it, at which point I always got a msg saying "Practisccore seems to have crashed, do you want to send an error report?"

Sounds like I may have to wipe them all & start over?

Edited by Nimitz

well I certainly ain't running the latest version, looks like I have 1.2.7 ...

so I just started using Practiscore in March and obviously haven't done any updates. where can I find instructions for how to update my Nooks?

Edited by Nimitz

well I certainly ain't running the latest version, looks like I have 1.2.7 ...

so I just started using Practiscore in March and obviously haven't done any updates. where can I find instructions for how to update my Nooks?

I am not sure how much you know about this stuff but the goal is to get the ".apk" file on your NST and install it. Here is the link: http://practiscore.com/blog/android.php?version=latest

I generally do it by downloading the file to my pc and using a USB cable to transfer it to the NST. I used Nook Manager to root my device instead of RootNScore it since I wanted to use the nook as a nook also. My wifi works well for PS but not so much for the Amazon app store so I need to do it manually. Hope this is of some help...

It used to be right on the front page of the web site, but it was moved under "Blog" link when new match stuff rolled in. This page lists the latest versions of the app if you can't update it trough the app stores. https://practiscore.com/blog/

I just added instructions for the Nook at the bottom of that web page.

Also since 1.2.27 version (April 2015) you can also update app on Nook using corresponding action at the bottom of the Sync screen.

I downloaded the apk file to my PC & then transferred it to the Nook but I can't find anything like a file manager on the Nook in order to see and install the file. Once I turn on the Nook there are just icons for practicescore, dropbox & settings; none of which taker me to a file manager ...

Alright, after getting the latest version installed on the NSTs I can now enter scores as normal ... Not sure why one of the Nooks worked regardless but whatever .... Thx for everyone's help

One last question: is there any reason to leave a micro SD card in each Nook? I have enough for each one if there's some benefit to it ....

Edited by Nimitz

One last question: is there any reason to leave a micro SD card in each Nook? I have enough for each one if there's some benefit to it ....

It keeps 'em from getting lost :). It's not necessary but I just leave them there so I don't have to go hunting for one.