Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland Single Mag Pouches

Chuck D

• 1 month later...

I used the 773's last year at multiple major matches. That being said, I'm very disappointed with the fit on 126mm STI mags. After loosening the tension screws as much as possible, I had to remove the bottom "roller", just so I didn't have to man handle the mag to get it out of the pouch. Now every once in a while, a round will get knocked out of a mag and will sit in the bottom of the holster. That really sucks on a stage when you're planning on having that round in the mag. Honestly I've been unhappy with Safariland in general. They sent me 3 different 5199 holsters, none of which fit a railed 2011. I had to do my own research on which models would fit, they would not recommend a holster for me. So after 6 months of trial and error, I've finally given up on them. I'm still searching for a new rig that will be IDPA legal, that I can also use for Limited. I'm open to suggestions.

Good to know I got two of the 773's for my M&P 9 and Glock 19 . They fit the Glock 19 magazines fine but I had to tighten the top to the point the screw hit the plastic for the M&P magazines. Safariland has nice products but their shipping takes forever and my "custom" holster for my M&P 5" with light is made so so. the little plastic nub that your barrel rests in is jacked to one side so it hits my barrel on one side every time but its plastic

Is it legal to have a holster that has an open end? my Bladetech for my Glock is open.

Edited by Yibomb