Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun, Tactical Rifle Matches In Tn And Nc ?

In NC-

Wilkesboro

Carthage

Oxford

Raleigh

In NC, the Oxford match is the biggie. Carthage is shot every month. I think Raleigh and Wilkesboro are too, but I'm not sure about those. There is another one that is held on an anual basis in Fayetteville.

That's four that I can think of right off the bat. There's a couple in TN, the Dixson match is supposed to be pretty good.

I'm new to 3 gun myself, but have been seriously addicted after just one match at Carthage.

The Wilkesboro matches are, I hear, LIMITED with a capital L. No magazines loaded over 10 rnds for rifle, no shotguns over 6. i also heard from a buddy of mine that shoots down there that they've established a "major" and "minor" scoring system- .30s only have to hit a target twice, but .223s have to get at least 3 per target on the paper. I think they've got a website linked of of the IDPA site.

Dickson, TN has one of the best tactical matches, good stages with lots of multi gun, some you use all three, and the match sometimes is a little bit physical. I've been the past two years and have had a great time, see 3gunmatch.com for info and details on 3 gun matches.

• 1 month later...