Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Caspian Mag Help

xrrcr

Happy Cyber Monday All,

I have some Caspian 140mm 38 Super mags that need some love. Wish to replace the followers - springs and install the EGW base pads.

Any recommendations on which follower / spring kit to order ?

M46C1938.jpg

Thanks,

Steve

The factory followers and springs work best with those original design mags. If you need new springs go direct to Caspian or get the Wolff springs for Caspian. You can use the EGW base if you need the extra length for reloads without modifying the mag. If you want the extra 2 rounds you need to rework the mag. I just use a big stick if i need more than 19 rounds. If you are having mag problems don't blame the spring without checking the bullet stacking first. Load 3 rounds in the mag and if the top 2 are not directly in line that may be the cause of nose dive ftf issues.

^^^

Agreed.

The Wolff Caspian mag + 10% springs are the ones to use if you need new springs. The stock followers work as well as any. I tried to get mine to run with 21 rounds with the EGW base pad but they were sketchy at best. I ended up running 19 and just using the base pad as a bumper to clear the EGW mag well.

For basepads the EGW +2. You will need to remove the dimples in the sides of the mag and also either modify the follower to fit inside the basepad, or buy the followers from EGW that are already modified. All five of my mags with the EGS base pads work like a champ.