Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ibejiheads 180gr bullet profiles

Illmatica

Anyone have experience with loading ibejiheads bullets (because I don't).

Anything I need to do different than I would loading Xtreme?

I bought three different sample packs (RNFP, FP, RNFB) all 180gr. to see how they would differ in my xdm 5.25"...I'm sure they'll all shoot similarly, right? Why do these different profiles even exist?

I've read that these take less powder, is this true?

Btw, I'm using WST because it's what I currently have available to me. And of course, would like to make major PF.

Any advice would help, thanks.

Edited by Illmatica

Don't load them in .40, but I use them in my 9mm. You definitely get more velocity with the same powder charge, as when using jacketed bullets. Therefore my loads with ibejiheads is at least .2 gr less for same velocity with jacketed bullets.

Edited by Postal Bob

Don't load them in .40, but I use them in my 9mm. You definitely get more velocity with the same powder charge, as when using jacketed bullets. Therefore my loads with ibejiheads is at least .2 gr less for same velocity with jacketed bullets.

Thanks! Il keep that in mind when loading.

I have loaded a bunch of Ibejihead 180gr FP (with mostly Solo 1000 and N320) and recently bought a case of 200gr RN. You will need less powder b/c this is true with all lead or coated lead rounds. I think it has to do with when you shoot jacketed, more gas escapes, where as lead or coated lead, there is a better seal and the pressure builds with less powder charge. I'm not an expert on those reasons though, just my simplistic understanding of it.

Be sure the seating stem fits the bullet or order custom seating stem.

COL will vary with changes in ogive.

Load one or two inert dummy rounds to set the seating stem, establish COL, and verify feeding and chambering before you load a bunch of bullets.