Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acme 147gr NLG

Slidestop

I've done many searches, but didn't find the info I was looking for.

How much difference is there in oal between these and the Bayou 147fp projectiles? I load the Bayou's to 1.14 in a CZ-SP01 with a little room to spare. Is the profile that much different? It kind of looks so by the pictures.

The Bayou's do have the lube groove. I'm trying to figure out if there is no lube groove, does that correlate or more or less of the bullet sitting in the case.

I guess that point is moot if the profiles are different though.

Also, I've read that there were some accuracy problems with this particular bullet, but you know how that goes.

Some examples - my M&P Pro likes the Acme 147 at 1.08, 1.05 for blue bullet 147 (with lube groove), and 1.15 with plated 124 grain hollow point from X-treme. It's going to be how the profile works in your barrel.

Edited by PiratePast40

I received my 500 round order from Acme. The bullets look really nice. The box is cool too! The smell of the scorched wood reminds me of camping in upstate New York.

But I digress-

Where I am loading the Bayou bullets out to 1.14, I settled on an oal of 1.095 for the Acme. I tried to keep them at 1.10 just for a easy number to remember, but I could tell a few were barely touching the lands.

At 1.095 they dropped in, and after spinning and pushing on them, they fell out after inverting the barrel. I will say that that's a lot of bullet in the case.

Now to see how they perform.

• 2 weeks later...

Slidestop I feel your pain. I had about 8000 rounds loaded to 1.135 and they would not chamber in my Shadow or my CZ-75. I could shoot them in every other gun I have. It took me about 10 minutes each to cure both of my CZ guns with a .358 Manson throat reamer. Now I can load the ACME's or most any other 9mm profile out as far as the magazines will accept. If loading short is bothersome you might want to get the throat on your gun opened up. The CZ barrels are very easy to throat and at least in my two it did not effect the accuracy or POI. Well worth the $40.00 cost of the reamer to me.