Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Cerakoted

texasdawg

Finally got brave enough to cerakote my Witness Match in burnt bronze and graphite black. It's what I use for IDPA, lightened internally, and with Henning trigger and hammer kits. Trying to decide which gun to do next, not near as hard as I thought,,, thinking 1911 in stainless cerakote,,,

post-29729-0-54045300-1448056685_thumb.j

It's the front base part of the factory sight and I made the rear part for a slightly longer sight radius and to have fiber optic rods on it. I like front and rear fiber optics and no one made any rears that I am aware off. I shoot the same load in IDPA and I really didn't need it to be adjustable.

I'd cote mine too, if the PPC rules (distinguished) did not forbid it. Possibly not legal in IPSC Production either, but not sure there.

Quite ridiculous rules, I must say. Coating a gun to your preference hardly gives you any unfair advantage in competition.

Not sure how well the coating on the frame and slide will last. First time for me with cerakoting a gun. Normally between dry firing and matches wear shows up pretty quickly from the holster. I am going to get a limited or limited pro soon to try shooting uspsa, so I might not find out anytime soon. Im a one gun kinda guy ya know,,, sand blasting the chrome frame was tuff,,, I really like that finish,,,