Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where to get cz tactical sport 9mm barrel

slymantis

hi

anyone know where I can get a new cz ts 9mm barrel? cz custom and usa have been out of stock for a long time.

picked up a cz ts to use for 3 gun, but its a 40 and want to switch it over to 9mm.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just did this myself. Got the barrel from CZUSA. They are out of stock most of the time. You can create and account and set up a notification. They'll email when they come in. You then need to act pretty quickly as they go fast. I ordered the same day and received my new barrel a couple weeks ago. I did have to wait about 1.5 months, unfortunately.

On mine, the POI shifted pretty dramatically. I'm now looking at sights/sight combinations to fix this. I'm seeing about a 3.5" shift (high) in POI when switching from the .40 to 9mm barrel.

As for reliability, there are a few posts on the forum already, but it does work fine. The extractor part number is the same for both the .40 and 9mm models. The different in the breech face diameter is negligible and I have seen no issues in reliable extraction with about 200 rounds so far. I don't expect any issues. The factory spring is pretty heavy though, so I plan to move to a 12lb instead of the factory 16lb.

• 3 years later...
On 1/5/2016 at 7:47 AM, Gussers said:

I just did this myself. Got the barrel from CZUSA. They are out of stock most of the time. You can create and account and set up a notification. They'll email when they come in. You then need to act pretty quickly as they go fast. I ordered the same day and received my new barrel a couple weeks ago. I did have to wait about 1.5 months, unfortunately.

On mine, the POI shifted pretty dramatically. I'm now looking at sights/sight combinations to fix this. I'm seeing about a 3.5" shift (high) in POI when switching from the .40 to 9mm barrel.

As for reliability, there are a few posts on the forum already, but it does work fine. The extractor part number is the same for both the .40 and 9mm models. The different in the breech face diameter is negligible and I have seen no issues in reliable extraction with about 200 rounds so far. I don't expect any issues. The factory spring is pretty heavy though, so I plan to move to a 12lb instead of the factory 16lb.

Is is still accurate? I heard some hits a little higher than the 40cal stock barrel? Thanks