Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Armorer Class?

Jennslife15

Does such a class exist anywhere? I am a Glock armorer and was wondering if there was some training available to learn how to work on a CZ pistol. I love my CZ's, but am way intimidated when it comes to taking them completely apart. There are very good detailed directions on here, and thank you very much for those, but I would love some type of training to make me feel much more confident.

Never heard of anything like that. Most people follow the online guides on how to do an action/trigger job.

An armorers class for something as simple as a Glock sounds ridiculous anyways, lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was very intimidated the first time I completely disassembled my CZ. Follow some of the great tutorials here and on YouTube. Then go slow and work in an area where you will be able to find tiny springs. Ask me how I know about this!!! It is now fairly simple to work on any of my four CZ's and numerous CZ's of friends and fellow shooters.

Never heard of anything like that. Most people follow the online guides on how to do an action/trigger job.

An armorers class for something as simple as a Glock sounds ridiculous anyways, lol

I agree. Glocks are almost "do it with your eyes closed simple". But, it was more education and you can never have too much of that :-)

I was very intimidated the first time I completely disassembled my CZ. Follow some of the great tutorials here and on YouTube. Then go slow and work in an area where you will be able to find tiny springs. Ask me how I know about this!!! It is now fairly simple to work on any of my four CZ's and numerous CZ's of friends and fellow shooters.

I have changed the firing pins and springs and easy stuff, I am just majorly intimidated by the tiny springs inside. I guess I should just go for it and learn that way lol. I'm sure once I get it done once or twice, I will be good to go. Thank you for the replies :-) ??

Learn by doing..just make sure you dont have an important match coming up in case you dont get it back together right away!

Take the smaller parts apart with it and your hands in a Gallon size ziploc bag the first time you do it, that will prevent any tiny springs from launching away into never-never land. Once you know how things come apart, you wont have to do that again.

for a Ton of great info, head over to www.czfirearms.us that is the original CZ forum site and the guys over there are VERY knowledgable.

There is a video out there for breaking down the CZ75, i have a copy, bought it at the NRA Show years ago. its produced by AGI. honestly though, between youtube, cz forum, and Enos, you porbably wont learn anything on the video that you won't find on those sites.

Take your time, go slow, have the right tools ( gunsmith screwdriver set for the mag release catch screw ), a vice is nice also. There are times when you need three hands. Its nice if you have a vice that you can rotate around and hold the gun while your hands do the work.

Plenty of videos in YouTube. Reassembly has a couple of rough spots that takes some effort and can be frustrating, but it's doable. I have had three different models stripped all the way. They all go back together just fine. Wear eye protection. I have lost one spring outright, the sear spring in a P-09. And I had the TRS in a 75 Shadowline shoot out and hit me just below the eye hard enough to draw blood. I found that one. ;)

Edited by IDescribe

I have changed the firing pins and springs and easy stuff, I am just majorly intimidated by the tiny springs inside. I guess I should just go for it and learn that way lol. I'm sure once I get it done once or twice, I will be good to go. Thank you for the replies :-)
Well CZ's have a Few more parts but they are fairly straightforward. Manual safety guns are a far easier to work on than those with decockers. Big white towels and magnets are your friends. ;)

I have changed the firing pins and springs and easy stuff, I am just majorly intimidated by the tiny springs inside. I guess I should just go for it and learn that way lol. I'm sure once I get it done once or twice, I will be good to go. Thank you for the replies :-)
Well CZ's have a Few more parts but they are fairly straightforward. Manual safety guns are a far easier to work on than those with decockers. Big white towels and magnets are your friends. ;)

Darn, and both of mine are decocker lol. I have a P-01 and 75bd. I just need to pay someone in colorado to walk me through it lol!

One of the greatest things about the shooting community is the willingness to help one another. I'm sure there is a fellow shooter at a local match that knows their way around a CZ that could break it down for you. If you shot in Michigan, I'd be more than happy to ??

Darn, and both of mine are decocker lol. I have a P-01 and 75bd. I just need to pay someone in colorado to walk me through it lol!
Hmm, maybe I can hook you up with my buddy Kriss who is out there