Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS 40 - recoil spring tuning

gransport

Pretty sure mine came with a 14 lb spring. Wondering if anyone has tried a 12 or 10?

I'm new to this platform....and major PF. The front sight is jumping around a tad bit more than I think it should. So I was thinking of trying a lighter spring. So far I've developed two loads, one with a 180 Extreme bullet and the other a 200 Blue.

Any thoughts?

I use 10 for 175, 180 and 200gr Bayou.

But buy them all, try them with different loads and see which you prefer. For me it boiled down to not wanting dip after recoil.

Edited by selecw

I use 10 for 175, 180 and 200gr Bayou.

But buy them all, try them with different loads and see which you prefer. For me it boiled down to not wanting dip after recoil.

Sir, is that a 10lb spring with a TS in 40cal? If so, I would never have thought to go that low. How far does it eject the brass?

Thought I'd report back in case it helps anyone.

I ran a 10 lb spring in a practice session last night. It did calm the front sight down. It's a subtle thing, but it helped me quite a bit. I'm going to move forward with this spring for awhile and see how things progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shot my TS 40 yesterday with an 11lb spring instead of the stock. It seemed to shoot a little flatter but it kicked the brass a few feet further at my 4:00.

All your other springs are stock?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I shot my TS 40 yesterday with an 11lb spring instead of the stock. It seemed to shoot a little flatter but it kicked the brass a few feet further at my 4:00.

All your other springs are stock?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hammer, TRS and Firing pin spring all stock

TS used to come with recoil buffers. Is this changed?

Yes, they did and still do I think. They are a vestige of the TS's predecessor the IPSC which had frame issues with .40 major loads. The improvements with the TS make the buffers unneeded and sometimes a problem with cycling the slide.