Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zero distance for USPSA Limited 10

alan1985

I'm a new USPSA shooter and I recently upgraded the sights on my Glock 21 to a Dawson Precision adjustable black rear sight and fiber optic front. I was curious what distance most folks zero for USPSA matches. I'm sure it depends on the distances and types of targets I run in to most at my club, but I was wondering how you all came to your conclusions and what factors you focused on when making the decision. Thanks in advance!

Edited by alan1985

Zero at 20 for USPSA, but check where you are printing at 5ys and 35yds. I recommend this because I've seen some stages where you have really close head shot only targets, i.e. the bottom of the target was hardcover or a no shoot, and you need to know where you print for that difficult A zone head shot. Also, every now and then you'll see a target way out at 35 - just get an idea of where you print.

Ok so 20 or 25 yards seems to be the way to go. I'm heading to the range tomorrow night and I'll get that taken care of. I also plan on running the dot torture drill so I will focus on close range POA vs POI. Appreciate the advice everyone.