Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity vs CK Arms

triggerman300

So I called Phoenix Trinity today to order a 2011 frame and learned that they no longer sell individual frames. They now have a minimum purchase number of 10. So that leaves me with CK Arms being that I want a Clark/Para ramp cut. Does CK build a comparable frame? Any issues running a SVI signature grip with the CK? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Well that's good to know. I was technically on a waitlist for a PT Frame but that was supposed to be 6-8 weeks and was several months ago :).

I ended up going with a CK Arms frame for the build I was working on and it was fine. Machining was good and the frame works perfectly.

If I was being petty I think "CK Arms" is a much more bland and boring name than "Phoenix Trinity", but at the end of the day they are perfectly functional frames. No clue on the grip though - I used a standard STI polymer grip.

Not that it matters too much but as an added bonus on the SDC frames the CK Arms is ~$25 cheaper than the PT. Don't know if that is the case on the LDC models.

Edited by MGMorden

Well that's good to know. I was technically on a waitlist for a PT Frame but that was supposed to be 6-8 weeks and was several months ago :).

I ended up going with a CK Arms frame for the build I was working on and it was fine. Machining was good and the frame works perfectly.

If I was being petty I think "CK Arms" is a much more bland and boring name than "Phoenix Trinity", but at the end of the day they are perfectly functional frames. No clue on the grip though - I used a standard STI polymer grip.

Not that it matters too much but as an added bonus on the SDC frames the CK Arms is ~$25 cheaper than the PT. Don't know if that is the case on the LDC models.

Perfectly functional? CK frames are vastly superior to STI frames which are common in many builds. CK frames and grips, as well as all other CK parts are machined to very high standards. MATT CHEELY machines these parts from the finest materials available and nearly everything him and Bobby Keigans produce is warranted forever.