Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme Sear with no fitting

PatriotDefense

Not sure if we've been lucky on the last 6 guns we've done with the Xtreme sears but they required no fitting on the safety leg. Only thing they needed was polishing and smoothing out some main contact areas. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up and see if anyone else has had the same success when using the one piece xtreme sear.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an unmodified stock 2, which extreme parts are must have? Does the extreme interrupter shorten the pre travel like on a cz?

The CZ CGW T3 disco is what some have recommended on here, I did this mod and it is much better than stock. I have to admit I had a moment of dumbassness when I was fitting mine though so it is not as good as it should have been but still much better than stock.

I was first fitting the DA pull and had the sear cage in with the sear out so I could see what was going on. Once I got the DA fit I started removing material from the leg of the disco and forgot to put the sear back in.

I have about 1/8th in of pretravel now in SA.

One quick pass with the dremel got my xtreme sear to work with my Delta hammer.

It also raised the trigger pull about 10 ounces compared to the stock sear in my Witness Classic 2....which was good because it was 28oz before that

I had an issue with the xtreme disco. The hammer would slip off too early and fall to half cock about 1 in 20 times. I think it's because of the amount of side to side play the trigger and trigger bar in this gun had, but I had to go back to the stock one to resolve it.

Edited by waktasz