Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy difference between BBI and Bayou in 147gr?

RickT

Wife and I are over 40K rounds combined in our 9mm 1911s, all 147 gr Bayou. I'm just trying BBI for a change of pace color-wise. No complains with Bayou (obviously), but anyone observe any difference other than the bullet profile? I didn't have to touch my press to get the identical OAL, 1.11". I'll try a few tomorrow, but won't have time to chrono the two bullets for a couple of weeks.

Why not just order another color from bayou? green, red or gold

I have the three Bayou colors. Just wondering if anyone had observed a difference between Bayou (lube groove) and BBI (sans groove).

Since you already have both BBI and Bayou, it shouldn't be too difficult to compare them! :)

Yep, but I'll have to put a black dot on one of or steel targets paper being a last resort and all.

I can't speak to BBI, but in pretty extensive Ransom Rest testing the SNS 147 (groove less) made slightly tighter groups than the Bayou 147 (with groove) using a G34.

My experience too; I liked the Bayous just fine, but bought some SNS grooveless in 147 just to see if the grooveless design loaded easier (less bell on the case). I was surprised when they seemed to group better (from a regular bean-bag rest).

Loaded/shot both BBI's & Bayou's. Both very good.

Not much difference in accuracy noted. Honesty, I think I am the impediment to perfection there. :rolleyes:

I will say I prefer to load grooveless..just smoother. More bearing surface couldn't hurt though, right?

Loaded/shot both BBI's & Bayou's. Both very good.

Not much difference in accuracy noted. Honesty, I think I am the impediment to perfection there. :rolleyes:

I will say I prefer to load grooveless..just smoother. More bearing surface couldn't hurt though, right?

In my case it is and always will be the indian not the arrow, but the (almost) retired engineer in me is determined to work on the arrow despite my limitations. What can I say?