Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier Updates

Jim Norman

I will admit that I have not read all the posts in all the threads

Ran our monthly match yesterday using Ipad as master and NSTs as data gathering devices.

Tried to update classifications before posting, report says no changes found when I knew without doubt that there were errors and omissions. I had to check each shooter against the data base and manually update them.

Anyone else see this? It has worked in the past. I am running 1.667 on my Ipad

I sent a email to support about this very issue, I think last month.

It does not seem to find any of the USPSA # of competitors in the current match or history, hence no updates.

I have a Terminal script that shows me a competitor's current classification.

Edited by jdphotoguy

The problem is that the USPSA changed the way they want division names for match submission. There is a small thread on the USPSA forum... The current Android PractiScore, v1.3.2, resolves this problem. I didn't originally note the significance of this and it bit me too.

I had the same problem using Android PractiScore... I was scoring with PractiScore 1.2.30 and syncing to a cell phone with PractiScore 1.3.2 to upload the match at the range... Just testing v1.3.2... All the classifications were replaced with an "X" instead of the real classification.

Discussed it with Eugene... Exported the match and emailed it to Eugene. He replaced the division names with the new ones and that solved the problem.

I have since upgraded all our scoring tablets to v1.3.2... Everything is on v1.3.2...

Scored one of our Monthly USPSA matches yesterday and everything worked well... I know this doesn't help your Apple situation, but hope it helps clear up the issue...

• 4 weeks later...

I upgraded to 1.669 and after correcting the division names all is good.

Ran 7 stages yesterday on the nooks updated to 1.3.6. No issues. Synced to the Ipad no issues except as noted above and that was solved by the latest update to the Ipad.

As a side note, we are running two non-offical divisions at our monthly match, Pistol Caliber Carbine, Optic and Iron. They also post just fine to our web. Great job guys!

I can't believe a got a response back late on Sunday night. Just think if every business treated their customers this way!

Still an issue. I synced my phone (android) ti mt ipad to try to update classifications. No good,all x's or u's

What version of PractiScore are you using? I'm using v1.3.6 on all my tablets and cell phone... Works fine...

If you're syncing with another phone, you're probably staying connected over the WiFi link... Disconnect from the WiFi link and try the update... unless you have an Internet connection over your WiFi connection...

I run our matches over a small travel router that plugs in to a normal 110v electrical outlet... WiFi only... no Internet... After the match is complete, I sync to my cell phone, then unplug the router to disable the WiFi network... Then I do the Update Classifications option on my cell phone and upload the match to our web site...

I believe that I am using the two most current and up to date versions for Ipad and Nook. The issue I had Sunday had to do with not having the most up to date Ipad version loaded. Things seem to be up to date and running well now.

I will be running another match in early December. If I have issues and I think we are pretty much up to date so I think I'll be good to go, I'll get in touch.

We don't have WiFI on the range. I am thinking of setting up a router and repeaters to have a local network so I can up date the master regularly, but so far I've not had an issue. Might be, at least in our case, a solution looking for a problem.

You posted while I was typing my reply... Glad you got things working...

I use a small travel router at our range... Costs $20 and has WiFi only... No Internet... It doesn't have a lot of power, but it works well... Here's a link...

http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-N150-Travel-Router/dp/B00MTVE6WQ#

We are in the process of installing a more permanent router with Internet access, but this works for now...

I have pocket router I use to sync the Nooks to the IPad and visa-versa.

This is one of the most informative subject/thread/discussion groups on Enos. Generally accurate and timely information delivered in a language that almost anyone can understand. Instantly useful.

My biggest issue anymore is that some people think that they can just make edits without letting me know upfront. We tell them, any changes, A) See me, B) write them on the squad list, C) DON'T MAKE THEM YOURSELF.

I would like to issue everyone a paper back-up sheet, just in case, but we've gone that route and I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people that have taken advantage of them since way back when we started using the Palm Scoring System.