Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag-na-port 9mm load

Garmil

Setting up a tanfoglio limited for 3 gun open minor.

Going to get it ported.

Anyone played around with .380 100 +/- grain bullets and slow powder to make lots of gas at a low power factor for this?

Going to get it ported.

Anyone played around with .380 100 +/- grain bullets and slow powder to make lots of gas at a low power factor for this?

I have loaded these for steel. Using longshot and 100 grain Xtremes. They were not as accurate out of my gun as 115s. Not enough spinrate to stabilize them possibly.

Going to get it ported.

I have loaded these for steel. Using longshot and 100 grain Xtremes. They were not as accurate out of my gun as 115s. Not enough spinrate to stabilize them possibly.

Used with porting only? Or a comp?

Actually I still use the 124 Xtremes FP in my open gun and have run them over 1500 fps with no problems. I have shot over 10000 of these and they are very good and accurate. I just switched to precision deltas to try for next years season. We will see....here is a chart that shows the instability I was referring too.

post-52129-0-54819700-1444949830_thumb.p

Edited by MrPostman

I've played with a quad ported CZ and honestly I would not recommend it. For Open minor you're better off slapping a dot on a Limited.

I've already got that! Your old rts2.

I know it won't feel like a real como shooting major. But that top end will just be for open minor so any improvement is worth it.

How do you get 10g in a case?? I'm FULL at 9.4

Unless sp2 is not as bulky

Different powders have didferebt densities. Like I can only fit around 10.5 3n38 in my super at 1.250 with a 124 rn but it'll take 11gn+ of n105 with all else equal.
It's funny you would say that. They are my loads exactly. I load 10.5 3n38 or 11g N105. I know the N105 is a stick powder more or less but to me 3n38 is a very fine powder to begin with. Almost like salt crystals. I guess bulk density would have to be different but I guess my thinking was with the EXACT same load data/burn rate I didn't think the density could vary all that much?

Yeah it's a bit of a dark art. I agree you'd think being such a fine powder 3n38 would be the most dense and it's certainly up there. There's so much that goes into powders that could affect density though even of powders at a very similar burn rate.

Lee from memory has a chart showing how much powder (in weight) fits into 1 cubic centimeter. Doesn't list all powders of course but it may be of interest.

Hmm that would be a neat chart. I know they offer a "dipper" for powder. It would reason they would offer a "safe dipper" load of some sort. At any rate sorry to go off corse OP. I don't have a magnaporting but I liked the glock "C" model I had. Didn't do too much but I w also wasn't loading at the time and it was in .40 s&w. They report a good deal in muzzle rise. Even more so with the quad port they offer. I remember seeing a M&p that had quad port. They had a comp but never bothered using it they where so happy with the porting.