Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag-na-port 9mm load

Garmil

Here is the Lee vmd chart.

I've head a lot of varying reports on the porting being effective. The Jerry miculek video sold me on it. Slide looks a lot less violent as well as the help with muzzle rise.

post-56194-0-96405100-1444967257_thumb.p

yeah I'll be breaking it out again when I get my new lee auto-drum powder measure onto my 650. it has markings in 1cc so by using the VMD charge I can get very close to the charge I want straight away. :) I love using powders that are close to a VMD of 0.1 as that means 0.1cc = 1gn. :)

you can see that even 3N37 at 0.913 is bulkier than HS6 at 0.0712.

You can see N105 is slightly denser than 3N37 at 0.0900. They don't list 3N38 but I'd say it's somewhere around the 0.091 mark.

you can see why autocomp is popular in 9mm as not only is it faster burning (need less of it) but it's pretty dense at 0.0787.

it doesn't list SP2 but the other SPs are pretty close to each other. SP3 is 0.0682 so assuming SP2 is somewhere around there you can how you can fit so much more of it in a case than you can 3N38 etc.

Hmm that would be a neat chart. I know they offer a "dipper" for powder. It would reason they would offer a "safe dipper" load of some sort. At any rate sorry to go off corse OP. I don't have a magnaporting but I liked the glock "C" model I had. Didn't do too much but I w also wasn't loading at the time and it was in .40 s&w. They report a good deal in muzzle rise. Even more so with the quad port they offer. I remember seeing a M&p that had quad port. They had a comp but never bothered using it they where so happy with the porting.

lee make the chart because their powder measures measure in volume (cubic centimeters) which is really the only way all these powder drops work (unless you have a fancy one with a trickler and scale). the regular lee powder measure ueses discs with different hole sizes and each hole is marked with its volume in CC. So you get the VMD of the powder you're using (say it's N320 and 0.1210) and you know you want a certain charge weight. say 3.6gn. So you go 0.1210 X 3.6 = 0.435 so you go to the lee disc closest to that number (I think 0.43 in this case). Powder charge sorted. :) but of course if your powder isn't on there you either have to measure out 1 or 0.1cc and weigh it to get the VMD (actually not too hard) or juset figure it out by measuring a few drops.

• 2 weeks later...