Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Glock 34 gen 3

Fly

I shoot factory winchester rounds 115 grain 1200 feet per second and reloads in the same configuration. What if any recoil spring and guide rod should i use, and what will be the benfits of the purchase.

Thanks,

I would buy a stainless rod of your choice.. I dont think there is much difference from one brand to the next and they all cost about the same. Assuming you are not changing the striker spring order a 13lb ISMI flat spring. Verify the gun functions. I change the recoil spring because I like the way it feels with a faster cycle speed.

i did change the striker spring about a month ago. function has been flawless with factory Winchester, but I had not shot a reload to date. plunger spring, trigger assist spring and striker spring came in the kit along with a 3.5 pound connector.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I run a Jager heavy extended guide rod with an 11lb Wolff spring in my 34. As others have stated you will most likely want to buy a few weights and experiment to see what feels best to you, 11, 12 and 13lb would be a good place to start. I personally prefer the Wolff round wire springs over the flat wire ISMI's as they don't have that scratchy sound of the spring rubbing the guide rod and they are much smoother during operation.