Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 slide lightening and cuts

Im finalizing how I want my slide cut on my custom 9mm 2011 that I'm having built for 3 gun. It's a 5" bull barrel tri-topped slide with a full dust cover. I am not a huge fan of how it looks when they cut all the way thru the slide and you can see the barrel but if there's a benifit in doing so I may consider it. So I need some advice and maybe even some examples of people slides on their 3gun blasters to help me with how I want it cut. Thanks

I know I'm in the minority but it bugs me when the slide cuts and the lightening don't line up such as in the last picture you posted. If I were to do a Limited build it would have slide cuts all the way through with a fluted barrel. Similar to this:

1962807_943473095666078_7306692846041567

I know I'm in the minority but it bugs me when the slide cuts and the lightening don't line up such as in the last picture you posted. If I were to do a Limited build it would have slide cuts all the way through with a fluted barrel. Similar to this:

That thing is gorgeous! And the Infinity steel grip makes it even more awesome! I completely agree with slide cuts being lined up, even and symmetrical. That's the OCD engineering me I guess. Sounds like you've already committed to the bull barrel, but if you wanted you could always go with the sight tracker barrel, then flute that barrel too. The sight tracker rib takes a lot of weight out of the slide with no holes.

Dang, that is a sexy lookin pistol. I like the cuts and the fluting. Very cool!

• 4 weeks later...