Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana gold jacketed hollow point with vv320 load data?

Rcarv6

Hey guys, I've been using 200 gr blue bullets for the last few months but can't seem to get them to group very tight. Thinking about going to a jacketed bullet. Any recommendations on good jacketed bullets? I've heard good things about the 180 jacketed hollow point Montana gold, but don't know much about them. Currently using vv320 powder. Any advice/load data would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Edited by Rcarv6

I was using the same bullet, then just recently switched tot he Montana Gold 165 grain hollow point just to test any difference. I was not surprised at all, the Golds are the best bullet out there. I have gotten to the point I needed much better accuracy, and the Golds provide that. I do not use N320, but have tested CFE (did not like), and Titegroup.

The TG ran well at 4.6 grains of TG, and reduced loads down to 3.6 produced a minor load I really liked the feel of. I will be chrono testing these in a few weeks. Also going to try out 700X which seems to be a decent substitute for Clays, which is by far my favorite powder in .40, but can't find for whatever reasons. WST is also on the list of test powders with this bullet.

5.0g n320

168 PF at Rio match chrono.

I'd bump that up .1 or .2 grains, unless you're willing

to risk shooting a match as minor instead of major. :cheers:

That's what I was thinking. 5.2g with MG 180gr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...