Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

School me on SV mags..

tha1000

I have searched and cant seem to drill down to anybody answering the question. What is so preferable about the "old style" SV mags? Will the new SV mags work in an older SV gun or is this only an issue when trying to use SV mags in non SV guns? What's the best route for getting reliable 140mm 20-21 round 40 cal magazines for a decade old SV? This 2011 mag stuff is kind of confusing me.

From what I know, old SV mags work in old SV guns and non SV guns.

New SV mags work in new SV guns but need modification for non SV guns and can be pretty hit or miss.

I get a reliable and easily reloadable 20 rounds in my old SV tubes with TTI guts. I can almost get 21 in but my springs are pretty new and might need a break in.

New SV mags work in new SV guns but need modification for non SV guns and can be pretty hit or miss.

I get a reliable and easily reloadable 20 rounds in my old SV tubes with TTI guts. I can almost get 21 in but my springs are pretty new and might need a break in.

Hit or miss on non SV guns or hit or miss in terms of general relaibility?

Hit or miss on non SV guns or hit or miss in terms of general relaibility?

From a few people that I talked to about it, they said, sometimes the tuning/modification process work on new SV tube, and sometimes you strike out.

Old-style SV tubes usually work in STI's and can generally be made to work with 21 rds.

New SV tubes often require "significant" work to run in anything but the SV guns for which they were designed.

Old-style SV tubes usually work in STI's and can generally be made to work with 21 rds.

New SV tubes often require "significant" work to run in anything but the SV guns for which they were designed.

Actually sending you a msg.