Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro Custom fiber size

Flash74

OK ... I am probably not doing this right ... but ... on my Pro Custom 16.40 ... I measured the fiber right at the "break" indents in the middle of the sight and couldn't believe it ... I see .030. I'm also getting .110 as overall sight width.

Soooooo ... none of this seemed to make any sense and thinking I am lacking even another skill I pulled out a .100 Dawson sight that is still in the shipping package for another gun. I measured this particular Dawson sight exactly at .100 overall width (like it is supposed to be) and the fiber spares in the bag measure exactly .040.

I laid one of the "spare" Dawson fibers on top of the Para sight and held the pair under my "biggest" magnifying glass to try to make a judgement and it sure looks like the Dawson .040 is bigger.

I am not breaking the rod to measure it directly ... especially .. since it looks like it might be .030 and I see now I don't have a replacement fiber. :sick:

Sorry ... don't mean to add confusion but it sure looks like .030 to me.

edit: I can't stand it ... I'm going to put it away before I break it and pull it out of there ...

Edited by pete627

.040 is what's I'm my ls hunter should be the same

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My Pro Custom is .040

Sorry I should have been clearer. I replaced mine with .040 I didn't measure the original, I had .040 in the bench and it fit fine.