Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost Ulitmate or Ghost "The One" Holster

DenverDave

Looking for some advise here....

I purchased a CR Speed holster (Tanfoglio model) to use with my Gold Team and my Limited.
After trying every combination of shim and adjustments, I can not get the CR to hold the gun securely enough for me to be comfortable with it. (to get it free up for a smooth draw...the gun sit sloppy with up and down movement, when I shim it tight, I can not get a smooth draw)... so looks like I am going to send it back and get a Ghost, the question is Ultimate or The One.

I want the gun to be secure while I reset steel, tape targets, etc.
The holster needs to accommodate both my Gold Team and my Limited (it would be nice if it fit a Stock 2 as well).

Recommendations?
Thoughts?

Thanks

I want to share the mod which helped me fall for the WSM II all over again:

IMG_20150927_180608_zps5epbvrwp.jpg

IMG_20150927_180515394_zpsevs5fmvv.jpg

I used one of the two hole spacers which come with the holster and used hot glue to keep it in place. The grip used to give when drawing as the slide pushed slightly out of battery on the muzzle platform, but no more!

The holsters that I've found the best with the square trigger guard tanfoglios are the manny bragg future magnetic, or the DAA race master with magnetic insert.

They should both work with your GT and limited and the stock 2 as well. I've used DAA and the manny with both a GT and stock 2 (both large frame).

If you're getting the ghost I'd get the ultimate over the one.

honestly though I think the manny and the DAA are better holsters. I don't particularly like the CR speed holster (love their belts and pouches though).

I just ordered the futuristic magnetic from ipsc.eu as Manny was out of the CZ TS model. One benefit is I won't have to put up with his crappy "Shooting" logo plate. It will be branded Suomi and will look way more discrete/elite/cool :)

(actually this is a complete guess, but that's what the picture on their website looks like!!)

I think it will say SLB on the hanger instead of U.S.A. mine was bought ex manny but I think mine doesn't have any logo on the holster body, but the big USA lettering on the hanger. which most people assume stands for united states of america rather than universal shooting academy but whatever.... :)

actually I just looked on the ipscstore and it looks like yours will have ETS on the hanger but upside down! lol. I'm thinking suomi ase is another rebrand from the actual guys that make this holsters which are SLB... lol.

ok i'm an idiot. I have now looked at the big picture. my upside down ETS is actually SLB the correct way up. it's just a stylised font and my eyes suck.

so yeah it'll most likely come with the SLB lettering on the hanger unless they've updated the face plate.

Anyway, they are a great holster. you will have the cool with SLB on yours. where I am USA is exotic enough. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Some quick feedback on the Suomi holster (or whatever we are calling it)

1. It requires a 1.5" belt width (or smaller). It would not fit my Safariland 032 ELS which is 1.75", and I had to order a DAA belt.

2. My CZ TS dropped right in without any tweaking even with the gaspedal and extended safety.

3. It is highly adjustable.

4. Finish is so so. Mine has some scratching on the plastic (carbon fiber ?) and metal plates. Should a new product ship like this? NO! I don't care to much though, as it's going to get scratched anyway.

5. The retention lock is very secure and a nice design.

6. The magnet which holds the gun in place when the retention lock is off will hold the gun fine while you are static. It doesn't look like it will handle bumping and movement. I haven't tested it "live" yet, so this is just a prediction.

More to follow...