Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

will 30gr of bullet make a difference?

rustybayonet

SNSCaster2,

Thank you sir.

I'll give them a try.

Another question though.

Any difference in accuracy @25 yards and is there a noticable reduction in recoil between 200's -230's?

If different bullet weights are shot at the same power factor, heavier bullets have less recoil and less muzzle rise.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/reloading/power-factor-recoil-bullet-weight-gives-edge/

SNSCaster2,

Thank you sir.

I'll give them a try.

Another question though.

Any difference in accuracy @25 yards and is there a noticable reduction in recoil between 200's -230's?

If different bullet weights are shot at the same power factor, heavier bullets have less recoil and less muzzle rise.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/reloading/power-factor-recoil-bullet-weight-gives-edge/

I do believe this also, on my 9mm I can tell a huge difference between 115/124 and 147. So I choose 147.

However, in 45acp I can't hardly tell a difference. I did an experiment earlier this year. Tried 200SWC and 230RN with each of the following powders... WST, TG, N310, & N320. I also had my friend try all combinations. Both of us clearly chose the 200SWC with WST.

• 2 weeks later...

If power factor isn't an issue, you can get away with downloading the lighter bullets (like a 185gr at 815fps, 150pf), and get low recoil without silly low velocity. 800+ fps is still safe for shooting reactive targets. 655fps (230gr at the same PF) is not a good idea on reactive targets. My stock Gen3 Glock 21 will run on these 185s...and the difference in recoil compared to factory ammo is substantial.

Edited by njl