Gold Team 9mm 2 barrel kit

Kingman

The "factory ammo" barrel has no holes and only one port cut out of the comp:

IMG_20141007_220955553_zpszjawaw4o.jpg

as opposed to the V12/2 port barrel:

EAAGOLDtop_zps7edae07d.jpg

I started with a Stock II slide, factory ammo barrel and made my custom Y7:

_20141101_225509_zpsmmdaqzdg.jpg

I ordered some three port comps from EG and am currently working on a 2 hole/3 port comp Limited slide:

Tanfo%20Comps_zpsoytnv5ko.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure the comps are silver soldiered on at the factory, making they nearly impossible to remove without destroying the comp although I could be wrong as I haven't tried to remove one. I use a fresh 6" barrel with a new cone comp, cut it to length, thread it, then attach the comp with red Loctite.

I think the three port is an improvement over the two port, I have a custom Limited with the three port comp and three 5/32" holes I'm getting ready to shoot for the first time so stay tuned ;)

kneelingatlas, I was just looking at the Gold Custom Eric Compensator.

How does it compare to the factory Gold Team comp?

Does it screw onto the Gold Team barrel? Or is fitting more involved?

Thanks!

The comps Eric sells are the factory gold team comps. 3 chamber for the v8 and 2 chamber with the 4 holes for the v12.

In theory the 3 chamber should be better.

As kneelingatlas said they just screw on but I'd also agree from the factory they are secured pretty soundly. You would need to chuck the barrel in a vice and heat it up to get the original comp off. Give its alluminium and pretty thin in the cone area there's a distinct possibility it could break. The new one would need to be well secured with thread lock and/or a set screw.

• 3 weeks later...

bear in mind there are 2 versions of the gold team (called eric gold custom everywhere except for the US, I guess they thought Eric wasn't famous there).

The V8 version uses the 4.75inch frame/slide/barrel and has 8 ports in a V in the barrel and a 3 chamber comp (as kneelingatlas pictured above).

The V12 version is the shorter 4.5inch frame/slide barrel and has 8 ports in the barrel, 4 more in the first part of the comp (for a total of 12 in a V) and a 2 chamber comp.

In all countries apart from the US the Limited (known as Limited Custom) has the same 'coffin' lightening cuts in the slide so it would be very easy to fit the V8 barrel to a limited as they are both from 4.75inch guns.

Obviously you can use the longer 4.75inch barrel and slide on the shorter frame guns. Going the other way may not work and would certainly look funny (you can cut the dustcover though).

As far as barrel swaps go you just need to ensure they are the same frame 'size' (really it's the action size) and slides were the same length.

the open guns use a straight barrel but add the alluminium cone comp which brings it up to the same size as the cone barrels at the front to lock in the same slide.