Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 Reset

leemoe83

So, I put together an IPSC Production legal blaster to shoot IPSC. A put in all of the EG Extreme parts, it all dropped in and CCIs go bang. Very happy with trigger improvement but would be willing to add trigger pull weight for a more forceful reset. As I understand it, the heavier the trigger return spring and the heavier the trigger bar plunger spring the firmer the reset. I have the stock trigger return spring installed and the Frenchy Extreme trigger bar plunger assembly which I assume is a stock trigger plunger spring. Are there extra power trigger return springs? What options are out there for improving reset force?

You can try the CZ custom TRS. They dont break easy but a little heavier which is what you want.

Thanks I was under the impression that the Tanfo TRS was the heaviest. I had a CZ Custom TRS laying around, dropped it in and definite improvement. I played around with trigger bar plunger trying to determine what effect it had on trigger reset weight, it appeared minimal. For my USPSA guns I will look at putting the #18 plunger spring in to make up for the trigger weight gain from a heavier TRS.

With a heavier plunger you may just a heavier DA. The trigger bar will be fully riding that plunger on SA and the force is up vs the TRS that its pulling forward on reset.

Well, give it a try and let us know. Henning has heavier springs i believe.

• 2 weeks later...

The EGD medium spring adds a little. At least the wall in SA is more pronounced. The best reset I've felt is Stock trigger return spring, plunger and sear spring.

How does the sear spring effect the reset? In my USPSA guns I will be installing the CZ sear spring to lighten the DA stack, I hope it doesn't effect the reset.