Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DSG Cobra Belt

DDustin

My Blade Tech belt has pretty much bitten the dust so I'm looking for a new one. I'm interested the the DSG belt because It looks like I may be able to cinch it tighter and take it on and off while maintaining the same adjustments. I also seems like it may last longer. I'm wondering what everyones opinions are now that the belt has been out for a while and I've seen a few out in the wild. Specifically I'm concerned about the stiffness compared to the Blade Tech or CR Speed and the durability.

This is a link to the belt for reference.

https://dsgarms.com/ktdsgbc

When I shot more 3 gun I used one primarily for the fact that it had a locking buckle.

Now that I'm focused on uspsa I've replaced it with a double alpha as I like a stiffer belt.

Dsg belt pros:

-buckle won't let it fall off

-strong

-easily adjustable

-good Velcro

Dsg belt cons:

-to flimsy

-heavy items can dig into your waist.

Edited by bpipe95

Thanks for the replies. How flimsy is it exactly? Is it noticeable with a full load? Is it thicker than a standard stiff plastic core riggers belt like the Vtac or Ares? How thick is it compared to blade tech or AA?

Edited by DDustin

The DSG is a good bit thinner than a CR speed and esp a DAA.

yes it's very noticeable when loaded, to be brutally honest it's pretty flimsy.

That sucks. I don't know how much rigidity I'm willing to give up. Especially at $90. I wonder if I could just attach one of my cobra belts to my busted up Blade Tech and see how that works out.

The DSG is a good bit thinner than a CR speed and esp a DAA.

yes it's very noticeable when loaded, to be brutally honest it's pretty flimsy.

That sucks. I don't know how much rigidity I'm willing to give up. Especially at $90. I wonder if I could just attach one of my cobra belts to my busted up Blade Tech and see how that works out.

You might be on to something.

• 2 weeks later...